Business Model Elements
Revision as of 14:16, 30 September 2008 by Jan Erik
From here we will take you to discussions of the 9 building blocks of a business model.
- core capabilities: The capabilities and competencies necessary to execute a company's business model.
- partner network: The business alliances which complement other aspects of the business model.
- value configuration: The rationale which makes a business mutually beneficial for a business and its customers.
- value proposition: The products and services a business offers.
- target customer: The target audience for a business' products and services.
- distribution channel: The means by which a company delivers products and services to customers. This includes the company's marketing and distribution strategy.
- customer relationship: The links a company establishes between itself and its different customer segments. The process of managing customer relationships is referred to as customer relationship management.
- cost structure: The monetary consequences of the means employed in the business model.
- revenue: The way a company makes money through a variety of revenue flows. A company's income.