NORAs search facilities offer
- a simple, text-based search
- an advanced search facility with possibilities for limiting searches according to different criteria.
You can subscribe to an RSS-feed based on an advanced search in NORA. In this way you can keep yourself updated on new documents in a field that interests you.
Help for advanced search - hints
- all of the words: in this field you can search for authors, words in titles or words in abstracts. You can search for more than one word, e.g. if you enter kristian viva NORA will find any document containing all the words you entered.
- the exact phrase : if you enter the cold war NORA will find any document that contains this exact phrase.
- at least one of the words: if you enter norge noreg NORA will find any document containing one of the words Norge/Noreg, or both.
- without the words: can be used in conjunction with the other possibilities, to exclude documents.
- search only in a specific archive
- search by date by entering a year interval
- search for documents in a specific language
- search only for a specific document type
- search for only peer-reviewed documents by ticking off in the box
A large proportion of the documents in NORA are indexed by using the Norwegian Nomenclature for Scientific Programmes (this document is only available in Norwegian). The Norwegian Nomenclature for Scientific Programmes consists of three levels, although today most of the documents are indexed at Level 2. At present you should use only two levels while carrying out a search. If you choose a word at Level 1 or Level 2, your search will automatically check all the subdivisions. You can choose more than one search term by using the Ctrl Alt keys (PC) or Ctrl apple (Mac).You can combine search/browsing in accordance with the Norwegian Nomenclature for Scientific Programmes with other search options and limitations (see above).
Which subject(s) you have limited your search to, will be indicated to the low left, immediately above the "Search" button.
Use * (asterisk) as the wild card if you are unsure of spellings or wants your search to encompass varieties/inflexions of words
- within a word
- at the end of a word
- in more than one place
behavio*r will return documents containing behavior og behaviour ameri*a* will return documents containing amerika, america, amerikanere, americans